Gather friends and family: We’re playing in the woods!
All Ages Preserve Play Day
Sunday, May 7, 1 – 4 pm
ALLEN COUNTY | Tom and Jane Dustin Nature Preserve
1802 Chapman Road, Huntertown, IN 46748
You’re welcome to drop in at anytime. The Play Day is an open house.
Play on preserve trails on your own or join some activities:
- Create a nature journal. Choose from a variety of supplies and consider what you’ll record from your preserve experiences.
- Co-create simple, temporary natural art. What’s that? Remember what you made as a kid? We’ll use what we find – acorns, twigs, leaves – and sculpt something together.
- Take a Wild Rumpus Hike. Let loose on an adventure down to Cedar Creek. Will you get muddy? Will you stomp and holler? Why not?
- Take a Listening Walk. What will you hear? Birdsong? The wind in the trees? Your own breath? … The Wild Rumpus hikers?
- Make a listening map. Sit down, relax, take it all in and then, map it out. What did you hear and where did those sounds come from?
- Make your own trail mix.
Bring the whole crew, leave your worries at home. We’ll provide simple, repeatable activities, as well as light refreshments and spectacular views from forever-protected land.
Don’t be the last child in the woods. Tell your friends.